Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thiruvannamalai

When i wrote about moksha in the previous blog, it prompted me to write about this place.

I have not originated from this place thiruvannamalai, however knew very little about this place, thanks to my friends from this region.

It's is in the southern region of India in state Tamilnadu perhaps 100-160KMS. from chennai.

It is said in the ancient scriptures that
You get moksha when you perform your rites in varanasi(Ganges)
You get moksha when you be in the place kancheepuram(famous for temples, again in Tamilnadu)
But you get moksha, the moment you think about the place Thiruvannamalai.

Lord Shiva is worshipped here in the form of mountain. When you perform a girivalam(come in circle around the mountain footsteps) one could see the mountain in full form and it's a resemblence of Lord Shiva in sayanam pose(sleeping posture).

After reading through various websites and some site photographs, during my regular meditation, the moment I take my attention to this sacred place, mother kundalini shoots up like anything and often felt that I'm connected to some nuclear reactor or what?

Such a force the flow is... It's divine, It's absolute bliss!!!

How it will be if we could stay there?
In the past some of the saints, rishis were longing to visit this place without even seeing it. They just heard about this place.

Some famous saints/rishis who fell in love with this place, or in other words 'love at first sight'
Ramana Maharishi
Yogi Ram surath kumar
Shesadri Swamigal....the list is endless

It is believed that still many more yogies are in deep meditation in remote places on the mountains.

Ramana maharishi was in penance for years together inside the temple. When people found his body, it was covered all over by shrubs, snakes etc. Even animals understand divine....none harmed him.

Will I be ever lucky to be in this place at some stage of my life?

I would like to share a recent incident about this place...

One of my friend whose mother is from this place and he wanted to buy some plot with an idea to settle down.

Being my well wisher he offered me to go for the plot saying we could retire there after completing our duties.

Initially I was tempted, then as an afterthought I di'nt go for that ... the reason

When you become a real yogi you should get rid of your possessions, If I ever be lucky to settle down in Thiruvannamalai then Lord Shiva should bless me to be there without any possessions, then why to buy a plot and again get into the maya of possession?

Except the clothes to protect my modesty, I want to stay in T.Malai like a real yogi.

This is my pure desire MAA.

No comments:

Post a Comment