Monday, June 14, 2010

No Pains no gains

I had a thought provoking week, thanks to the fracture on my toe. We had a sahaj program in British School of Bahrain last week. Prior to the start of the program, I had an injury on my toe, however considering the importance of doing Mother's work, I just ignored and attended the program. Even though I had little difficulty in walking, I din't experience any major pain as our attention was more on the new seekers to help them get their self realisation.
The next day when I visited the hospital, the Doctor confirmed fracture on my toe and the following whole week, I was struggling with pain. However, thanks to Shri Mataji's various lectures and video, I could divert my attention at home and forget the pain inflicted by the injury. This was the moment I experienced that our body is different from the Spirit. The spirit does not experience any pain at all, rather it is joyous when you do Mother's work. Prior to this experience, I had read about many saints who could differentiate between their body and spirit and nothing deterred their spirit. For example, Ramana Maharishi underwent surgery without anasthescia. Similary Paramacharya underwent eye surgery without any anasthescia. I was always fascinated how this is possible? It would be a mockery to compare myself with those great saints, however the point I want to stress here is about body and spirit and both has no connection. Regardless of the state of your body, the spirit can be kept joyous provided you take your inner attention to a higher level.

The Next week, on my follow up visit to the Doctor, since he was relaxed a bit, we had little chat about pain in physical as well as in philosophical sense. I repeat the Doctor's golden words here..
"Even though pain is an unpleasant feeling, it is a blessing from God as Pain can be experienced only by Living beings and not by Dead things".

This was the second thought provoking moment. It is true that behind every pain, there is a gain. In my case in the physical sense, the pain I underwent was a proof that my toe was on its way to normalcy, it's part of the repair process. That is a confirmation that my toe would soon be back to normalcy.

Similarly even in our lives, behind every pain, there is a gain. It's the test of endurance. Pain gives you strength to face the challenge and succeed. If you look at the History, after every War there was peace, life bubbled to normalcy and humans in their quest to conquer nature invented so many things which prevented a repeat act.

Face the pain, accept the pain with a smile and work out your way to succeed the pain as you will gain sooner. Even if nothing happens, least we would learn a lesson.

On the videos and speeches I watched, I was amazed by Mother's usage of words which are truly divine and each word is a Mantra by itself. Some of it I re produce below for the benefit of readers:-

"The divine is more interested in a little worm which is alert and lives outside than a dead one at King's palace"

"The little feather weighs much more than the ship" - This is about realization process and benefits of kundalini awakening.

"The powers of Adi Sakthi is much greater than the problems we (humans) face" - Adi sakthi puja 1993, Cabella.

"If you do not meditate with such intensity that I feel you in my Body, then you have no right to question me" - Adi sakthi puja 1993, Cabella.

"If you meditate regularly with intensity, then I'm responsible for your ascent" - Adi sakthi puja 1993, Cabella.

I'll try to describe about adi sakthi and our mis-conception in my next blog.

Your comments and feedback are most welcome and will be a source of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment